- The United Church of Canada baptizes individuals of all ages.
- Baptism is a symbolic action celebrating initiation into the Christian community.
- We do not believe baptism is ‘a requirement for God’s love’.
- We do not believe people who die without baptism are condemned, lost or damned.
- Baptisms take place during the Sunday morning service.
- People seeking baptism receive instruction prior to being baptized. In the case of children, instruction is provided to the parents.
- If individuals have already been baptized in another denomination, The United Church usually recognizes their baptism.